How to Write a Request for Proposal (RFP) 教你如何写英文招标书 (来源：EnglishCN英语博客基地)
Because many organizations may not have the specialized talents and capabilities to create interactive training, it may become necessary to request the assistance of an outside vendor or contractor. Over the years, we at Instructional Designs have seen and responded to a number of RFPs. Some were well written, and others frankly left much to be desired. Developing a well-written RFP takes time and planning. However, the benefits of being able to compare proposals which use a common format will make your job much easier when it comes to selecting a qualified vendor. The following format should help you should you ever need to request proposals from outside vendors or contractors.
Components of a Typical RFP
The Bald Bear Insurance Company was founded in 1889 to provide insurance and investment opportunities to rural families and businesses. Currently, Bald Bear has 1.4 billion dollars of policies in force, with offices located in fourteen states. At the present time, Bald Bear has 1,243 consulting sales agents serving approximately 180,000 clients.
Basic Training - See attached classroom teaching materials and manual.
Entry-level consulting sales agents. (New hires with little or no previous experience in sales). Delivery systems will be Pentium III multimedia PCs equipped with 24x CD-ROMs and 48megs of RAM.
1). Storyboards will detail and document the course and the Electronic Reference Library. The storyboards will be developed and submitted by the vendor, and approved by Bald Bear.
2). A Tutorial (courseware) will transfer the product information to the learner. The tutorial must include practice exercises and/or questions with feedback, and feature branching and remediation strategies. No video, although voicing is required.
3). A Final Test or Mastery Test. A final test which will establish trainee mastery of the materials presented will be incorporated at the end of the training program. Questions included in the final test will not offer feedback, other than correct or incorrect. A mastery level will be assigned for the course. When the test is completed, the learner will be given the overall or final score. Video and voicing is required.
4). An Electronic Reference Library will be integrated into the training program, and must have the ability of serving as a reference after training has been completed. This component will include a word search capability, hypertext, and will serve as a master reference for product information. Information included in the reference library must be concise and easily accessible. No video or voicing is required.
5). User Documentation will be developed which explains how to install, use, and maintain the programs and applications produced for this project.
Assumptions and Agreements
- The project must be completed by ___________.
- A preliminary budget for this project has been approved.
- Vendor bids may not exceed $150,000.
- ALL task/job/policy data will be current and approved as such by Bald Bear management.
- Training course materials loaned to the vendor and produced by the vendor will be in standard American English.
- ALL technical illustrations, drawings, and schematics to be included in the course will be approved and provided by Bald Bear.
- Bald Bear will appoint one person, with decision making authority, to serve as a project coordinator/manager. Bald Bear will provide appropriate support documentation for the successful completion of the project.
- There will be no significant changes to the task/job/policy data during the project. The vendor will provide technical support to the Bald Bear support staff once the program is distributed.
The tutorial and ERL will be written as intranet applications.
- The vendor shall warrant that on delivery, all media containing the instructional content of the program and ERL are free of material faults and processing errors.
- At the conclusion of the project, all materials developed by the project team will become the exclusive property of Bald Bear. In addition, any and all work sheets and other working documentation will also become the property of Bald Bear.
- When applicable, travel and lodging will be billed at cost. Ground travel will be billed at the standard rate used by Bald Bear. Air travel will be by coach with a major U.S. airline. Lodging and meals will not exceed $ per day. All postage, UPS ground, overnight delivery, and shipping charges will be billed at cost. All telephone and data transmission charges will be billed at cost.