· He is very sharp with numbers
· MEANING: intelligent (来源：英语麦当劳－英语杂志 http://www.EnglishCN.com)
· I'll give the puzzle another shot.
· MEANING: try
· shot down
· Everyone shot down my idea at first, but later agreed that it was a good idea.
· disagreed with
· The police threw them both in the slammer.
· MEANING: jail
· Try not to get smashed at the beer party.
· MEANING: intoxicated
· smoke eater
· My father is a smoke eater.
· MEANING: fireman
· It is time to split and go see the movie.
· MEANING: leave
· The cows were spooked by the howling of the wolves.
· MEANING: frightened
· Do you want rice or spuds for dinner?
· MEANING: potatoes
· My father looks square in his jacket.
· MEANING: old-fashioned
· steamed up
· Don't get so steamed up over the issue.
· MEANING: angry
· This whole operation stinks.
· MEANING: is repulsive
· I want you to give me a straight answer.
· MEANING: honest
· I am really stressed by all the recent world events.
· MEANING: upset
· Don't be a sucker.
· MEANING: be deceived
· take a hike
· I am tired of all your complaining. Take a hike.
· He was taken for all his money at the casino.
· cheated out of
· taking care of business
· I have been taking care of business.
· MEANING: doing what I have to do
· Those look like expensive threads he is wearing.
· MEANING: clothes
· tool around
· I don't want to tool around all night. It is time to go home.
· MEANING: drive around
· My car was totaled in the accident with the garbage truck.
· MEANING: completely wrecked
· He has been up ever since he met his new girlfriend.
· MEANING: happy and cheerful
· up for grabs
· This is a sale. Everything is up for grabs.
· MEANING: available.
· veg out
· I want to veg out in front of the television this evening.
· MEANING: relax and do nothing
· He really gives off good vibes.
· MEANING: feelings
· You don't want to carry a wad like that with you in the big city.
· MEANING: bundle of money
· After you waste him, throw the body in the river.
· MEANING: kill
· If you let me borrow your wheels, I'll go out and buy a pizza.
· MEANING: car
· He is a whiz at the computer.
· MEANING: talented person
· I am really wired after drinking five cups of coffee.
· MEANING: alert
· Don't be such a wussy all the time. Say what you are thinking.
· MEANING: weak person
· This food tastes yukky
· MEANING: bad
· I am too zapped to help you right now.
· MEANING: exhausted
· He knew zip about running the company.
· MEANING: Nothing