· He's an ace reporter.
· MEANING: very good (来源：英语麦当劳www.EnglishCN.com)
· Do you know where the action is in this town?
· MEANING: excitement
· My sister's boyfriend is a real airhead.
· MEANING: stupid person
· all wet
· Your ideas about politics are all wet.
· MEANING: completely wrong
· I almost fell asleep during the test after an all-nighter.
· MEANING: after studying all night.
· The gun was useless after the killer ran out of ammo.
· MEANING: ammunition
· I really need some antifreeze in me on cold days like this.
· MEANING: liquor
· This town is really an armpit.
· MEANING: undesirable place
· What an awesome sunset.
· MEANING: great
· Wow, that was really a bad movie.
· MEANING: intense
· He barfed all over the seat of the airplane.
· MEANING: vomitted
· The boat was bashed beyond recognition.
· MEANING: crushed
· After working all day I am really beat.
· MEANING: exhausted
· He just bought a new beemer to drive to work in.
· MEANING: B.M.W. car
· He was benched during the basketball playoffs.
· MEANING: taken out of the game
· It's OK. Don't get so bent.
· MEANING: angry
· bent out of shape
· Don't get so bent out of shape.
· MEANING: become upset
· big gun
· The president brought two big guns to the meeting.
· MEANING: powerful people
· big mouth
· Shut up! You really have a big mouth.
· MEANING: talk too much
· big stink
· The citizens made a big stink about the new nuclear power station.
· MEANING: big issue
· He carried a ten inch blade with him.
· MEANING: knife
· I always seem to have a blimp sitting next to me when I travel.
· MEANING: very fat person
· I'm going to blow out of here now.
· MEANING: leave
· He blew all his money gambling.
· MEANING: lost
· blow a fuse
· Hey, don't blow a fuse.
· MEANING: lose your temper.
· blow one's cool
· Calm down. Don't blow your cool.
· MEANING: become angry
· blown away
· I was blown away by his donation of a million dollars.
· MEANING: greatly impressed
· The movie was a bomb.
· MEANING: bad
· The driver of the car was bombed.
· MEANING: intoxicated
· I think I am going bonkers.
· MEANING: crazy
· If you make another boo-boo like that, you won't have a job.
· MEANING: mistake
· I promised to bring two bottles of booze to the party.
· MEANING: alcohol
· I need some bread to pay for my car.
· MEANING: money
· A lucky break helped him get the job.
· MEANING: opportunity
· break it up
· Break it up, or I will call the police.
· MEANING: stop
· The news of the airplane crash was a bring-down.
· MEANING: depressing
· Do you have a buck I can borrow?
· MEANING: dollar
· I was really bummed after I heard the news.
· MEANING: depressed
· My trip to New York was a bummer.
· MEANING: bad experience
· The whole idea was a bust.
· MEANING: failure
· buy it
· If you don't slow down, you're going to buy it in a car accident.
· MEANING: die
· The weatherman made a good call about when the storm would come.
· MEANING: prediction
· Do you know where the can is?
· MEANING: bathroom
· My motorcycle's carb is out of adjustment.
· MEANING: carburetor
· catch some rays
· I'm going to lie on the beach and catch some rays.
· MEANING: get some sunshine.