语法词汇部分试题及参考答案 (来源：英语学习门户网站EnglishCN.com)
51. There are as good fish in the sea __C__ ever came out of it.
A.than B.like C.as D. so
52. All the President’s Men __B__one of the important books for historians who study the Watergate Scandal.
A.remain B. remains C.remained D. is remaining
53. “You __A__ borrow my notes provided you take care of them.” I told my friend.
A.could B.should C.must D. can
54. If only the patient __A__ a different treatment instead of using the antibofies he might still be alive now.
A.had received B.received C.should receive D. were receiving
55.Linda was __B__ the experiment a month ago but she changed her mind at the last minute.
A.to start B. to have started C.to be starting D. to have been starting
56. She __D__ fifty or so when I first met her at the conference.
A. must be B.had been C.could be D. must have been
57. It is not __C__ much the language as the background that makes the book difficult to understand.
A. that B.so C.so D. very
58.The committee has anticipated the problems that __D__ in the road construction project.
A. arise B.will arise C.arose D. have arisen
59. The student said there were a few points in the essay he __A__ impossible to comprehend.
A. had found B.will arise C.arose D. have arisen
60. He would have finished his college education, but he __C__ to quit and find a job to support his family.
A. had had B. has C.had D. would have
61. The research requires more money than __B__ has been put in.
A. have been put in B.has been put in C.being put in D. to be put in
62. Overpopulation poses a terrible threat to the human race. Yet it is probably __B__ a threat to the human race than environmental destruction.
A.no more B. not more C. even more D. much more
63. It is not uncommon for there __D__ problems of communication between the old and the young.
A.being B.would be C.be D. to be
64. __B__ at in his way, the situation doesn’t seem so desperate.
A. Looking B.Looked C.Being looked D. To look
65. It is absolutely essential that William __C__ his study in spite of learning difficulties.
A.will continue B.continued C.continue D. continues
66. The painting he bought at the street market the other day was a __D__ forgery.
A.man-made B.natural C.crude D. real
67. She’s always been kind to me- I can’t just turn __A__ on her now that she needs my help.
A. my back B.my head C.my eye D. my shoulder
68. The bar in the club is for the __B__ use of its members.
A.extensive B.exclusive C.inclusive D. comprehensive
69. The tuition fees are __C__ to students coming from low-income families.
A.approachable B.payable C.reachable D. affordable
70.The medical experts warned the authorities of the danger of disease in the __A__ of the earthquake.
A.consequence B.aftermath C.result D. affect
71. This sort of rude behavior in public hardly __B__ a person in your position.
A.becomes B.fits C.sopports D. improves
72. I must leave now. __B__ if you want that book I’ll bring it next time.
A.Accendentally B.Incidentally C.Eventually D. Naturally
73. After a long delay, she __D__ replying to my e-mail.
A.got away with B. got back at C.got by D. got round to
get around to doing something :to find time to do something. I wanted to see that movie but never got around to it.
74. Personal computers are no longer sth beyond the ordinary people. They are __C__ available these days.
A.gwowingly B.instantly C.readily D. quickly
75. In my first year at the university I learnt the __A__ of journalism.
A. basics B. basic C.elementary D. elements
76. According to the new tax law, my money earned over that level is taxed at the __D__ of 39%.
A. ratio B. percentage C. proportion D. rate
77. Thousands of __C__ at the stadium came to their feet to pay tribute to an outstanding performance.
A.audience B. participants C.spectators D. observers
78. We stood still, gazing out over the limitless __C__ of the desert.
A. space B.expanse C.stretch D. land
79. Doctors often __C__ uneasiness in the people they deal with.
A.smelt B.hear C.sense D. touch
80. Mary sat at the table, looked at the glare and __C__ her lips.
A. smacked B. opened C.parted D. separated