Questions 26 to 28 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item,"
you will be given 15 seconds to answer the question. Now listen to the news.
26. ________ ranks second among leading tourism nations.
B. The United States
27. It is predicted that by 2020 China will receive _________ visitors.
A. 77 million
B. 130 million
C. 36.8 million
D. 100 million
28. According to a Xinhua report, last year saw a _________ per cent increase in
the number of Chinese traveling abroad.
Question 29 and 30 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item,
you will be given 10 seconds to answer the question. Now listen to the news.
29. What would happen to the Argentine officers?
A. They would be arrested by Spanish authorities.
B. They would be tried in an Argentine court.
C. They would be sent to Spain for trial.
D. They would be tortured or murdered. (来源：英语麦当劳－英语杂志 http://www.EnglishCN.com)
30. What accusation would the Argentine officers face?
A. Violation of human rights.
B. Involvement in illegal actions.
C. Planning anti-government activities.
D. Being part of the military rule.
PART III CLOZE [15 MIN. ]
Decide which of the choices given below would best complete the passage if inserted in the corresponding blanks.
Mark the best choice for each blank on your answer sheet.
A person’s home is as much a reflection of his personality as the clothes he wears,
the food he eats and the friends with whom he spends his time.
Depending on personality, most have in mind a(n) “(31) ______ home”. But in general, and
especially for the student or new wage earners, there are practical (32) ________ of cash and location on achieving that idea.
Cash (33) ________, in fact, often means that the only way of (34) _________ when you leave school is to
stay at home for a while until things (35) _________ financially. There are obvious (36) ________of living at home—personal laundry is usually (37) _________ done along with the family wash; meals are provided and there will be a well-established circle of friends to (38) _________. And there is (39) _________ the responsibility for paying bills, rates, etc.
On the other hand, (40) _________ depends on how a family gets on. Do your parents like your friends? You may love your family—(41) _________do you like them? Are you prepared to be (42) __________ when your parents ask where you are going
in the evening and what time you expect to be back? If you find that you cannot manage a(n) (43) _________, and that you finally have the money to leave, how do you (44) _________ finding somewhere else to live?If you plan to stay in your home area, the possibilities are (45) _________well-known to you already. Friends and the local paper are always (46) _________. If you are going to work in a (47) _________ area,
again there are the papers—and the accommodation agencies, (48) _________ these should be approached with (49) _________.
Agencies are allowed to charge a fee, usually the (50) ________ of the first week’s rent, if you take accommodation they have found for you.
31. A. ideal B. perfect C. imaginary D. satisfactory
32. A. deficiencies B. weaknesses C. insufficiencies D. limitations
33. A. cut B. shortage C. lack D. drain
34. A. getting over B. getting in C. getting back D. getting along
35. A. improve B. enhance C. develop D. proceed
36. A. concerns b. issues C. advantages D. problems
37. A. still B. always C. habitually D. consequently
38. A. call in B. call over C. call upon D. call out
39. A. always B. rarely C. little D. sometimes
40. A. little B. enough C. many D. much
41. A. and B. but C. still D. or
42. A. tolerant B. hostile C. indifferent D. good-tempered
43. A. agreement B. consensus C. compromise D. deal
44. A. go about B. go over C. go in for D. go through
45. A. seldom B. less C. probably D. certainly
46. A. dependent B. a good source of information C. of great value D.
47. A. familiar B. cold C. humid D. new
48. A. though B. while C. since D. as
49. A. enthusiasm B. hesitation C. caution D. concern
50. A. same B. equivalent C. equal D. simiarity
PART IV GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY [15 MIN ]
There are thirty sentences in this section. Beneath each sentence there are four words or phrases
marked A, B, C and D. Choose one word or phrase that best completes the sentence.Mark your answers on your answer sheet.
51. If you explained the situation to your solicitor, he ________ able to advise you much better than I can.
A. would be B. will have been C. was D. were
52. _________, Mr. Wells is scarcely in sympathy with the working class.
A. Although he is a socialist B. Even if he is a socialist
C. Being a socialist D. Since he is a socialist
53. His remarks were ________ annoy everybody at the meeting.
A. so as to B. such as to C. such to D. as much as to
54. James has just arrived, but I didn’t know he _________ until yesterday.
A. will come B. was coming C. had been coming D. came
55. _________ conscious of my moral obligations as a citizen.
A. I was and always will be B. I have to be and always will be
C. I had been and always will be D. I have been and always will be
56. Because fuel supplies are finite and many people are wasteful, we will have to install _________ solar heating device in our home.
A. some type of B. some types of a
C. some type of a D. some types of
57. I went there in 1984, and that was the only occasion when I ________ the journey in exactly two days.
A. must take B. must have made
C. was able to make D. could make
58. I know he failed his last test, but really he’s _________ stupid.
A. something but B. anything but
C. nothing but D. not but
59. Do you know Tim’s brother? He is _________ than Tim.
A. much more sportsman B. more of a sportsman
C. more of sportsman D. more a sportsman
60. That was not the first time he ________ us. I think it’s high time we ________ strong actions against him.
A. betrayed…take B. had betrayed…took
C. has betrayed…took D. has betrayed…take
61. What’s the chance of ________ a general election this year?
A. there being B. there to be
C. there be D. there going to be
62. The meeting was put off because we __________ a meeting without John.
A. objected having B. were objected to having
C. objected to have D. objected to having
共5页: 上一页   3   下一页