Part Ⅰ Listening Comprehension (40 min)
In Sections A, B and C you will hear everything ONCE ONLY. Listen carefully and then answer the questions that follow. Mark the correct answer to each ques tion on your Coloured Answer Sheet.?
SECTION A TALK?
Questions 1 to 5 refer to the talk in this section .At the end of the talk you w ill be given 15 seconds to answer each of the following five questions. Now list en to the talk. ?
1. The rules for the first private library in the US were drawn up by ___.?
A. the legislature B. the librarian? C. John Harvard D. the faculty members?
2. The earliest public library was also called a subscription library bec ause books ___.?
A. could be lent to everyone
B. could be lent by book stores?
C. were lent to students and the faculty
D. were lent on a membership basis?
3. Which of the following is NOT stated as one of the purposes of free pu blic libraries??
A. To provide readers with comfortable reading rooms.?
B. To provide adults with opportunities of further education.?
C. To serve the community’s cultural and recreational needs.?
D. To supply technical literature on specialized subjects.?
4. The major difference between modem private and public libraries lies i n ___.?
A. readership B. content C. service D.function?
5. The main purpose of the talk is ___.?
A. to introduce categories of books in US libraries?
B. to demonstrate the importance of US libraries?
C. to explain the roles of different US libraries?
D. to define the circulation system of US libraries?
SECTION B INTERVIEW? (来源：英语麦当劳－英语杂志 http://www.EnglishCN.com)
Questions 6 to 10 are based on an interview. At the end of the interview you wil l be given 15 seconds to answer each of the following five questions. Now listen to the interview.?
6. Nancy became a taxi driver because ___.
A. she owned a car
B. she drove well?
C. she liked drivers’ uniforms
D. it was her childhood dream?
7. According to her, what was the most difficult about becoming a taxi dr iver??
A. The right sense of direction.
B. The sense of judgment.?
C. The skill of maneuvering.
D. The size of vehicles.?
8. What does Nancy like best about her job??
A. Seeing interesting buildings in the city.?
B. Being able to enjoy the world of nature.?
C. Driving in unsettled weather.?
D. Taking long drives outside the city.?
9. It can be inferred from the interview that Nancy in a(n) ___ moth er.?
A. uncaring B. strict C. affectionate D. perm issive?
10. The people Nancy meets are?
A. rather difficult to please
B. rude to women drivers?
C. talkative and generous with tips
D. different in personality?
SECTION C NEWS BROADCAST?
Question 11 is based on the following news. At the end of the news item, you wil l be given 15 seconds to answer the question. Now listen to the news.?
11. The primary purpose of the US anti-smoking legislation is ___.?
A. to tighten control on tobacco advertising?
B. to impose penalties on tobacco companies?
C. to start a national anti-smoking campaign?
D. to ensure the health of American children?
Questions 12 and 13 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item , you will be given 30 seconds to answer the questions. Now listen to the news.
12. The French President’s visit to Japan aims at ___.?
A. making more investments in Japan?
B. stimulating Japanese businesses in France?
C. helping boost the Japanese economy
D. launching a film festival in Japan?
13. This is Jacques Chirac’s ___ visit to Japan.?
A. second B. fourteenth C. fortieth D. forty-first?
Questions 14 and 15 are based on the following news. At the end of the news item , you will be given 30 seconds to answer the questions. Now listen to the news.
14. Afghan people are suffering from starvation because ___.?
A. melting snow begins to block the mountain paths?
B. the Taliban have destroyed existing food stocks?
C. the Taliban are hindering food deliveries?
D. an emergency air-lift of food was cancelled?
15. people in Afghanistan are facing starvation.?
A. 160,000 B. 16,000 C. 1,000,000 D. 100 ,000?
共7页: 上一页 1       下一页